Issue #2172 has been updated by akr (Akira Tanaka).

Description updated
Target version changed from 2.0.0 to next minor

Feature #2172: Enumerable#chunk with no block

Author: marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune)
Assignee: akr (Akira Tanaka)
Category: core
Target version: next minor

=begin
 What should "(1..3).chunk" (i.e. without a block) do?

 It issued an
 ArgumentError: tried to create Proc object without a block

 I changed the error message to "no block given" which I hope to be more informative, but maybe there is something more useful to do here?

 A default block of {|x| x} doesn't seem all that useful.

 Returning an enumerator that, upon completion, will return an enumerator would probably be better, but could also be a bit confusing if someone doesn't realize he forgot to specify the block?

 Thanks to Run Paint for raising the question when writing the rubyspec for #chunk.
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/