Feature #6671: File.split_all and File.split_root

Author: trans (Thomas Sawyer)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version: 2.0.0

=begin
Is there a method for this already?

  File.split_all('a/b/c')  #=> ['a','b','c']

If not I propose it be added. I've had need of such more than a few times.

It's too bad that File.split can't do this, as it would make more sense. And the current method be called `split_base`.

In addition `split_root` would be helpful.

  root, path = File.split_all('a/b/c')
  root  #=> 'a'
  path  #=> 'b/c'
=end