ping.
status?

Feature #6056: Enhancements to OpenStruct

Author: trans (Thomas Sawyer)
Assignee: marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune)
Category: lib
Target version: 2.0.0

This patch fixes one issue, protecting #new_ostruct_member method, and possibly another by dup'ing marshal_dump, but I need more feedback on the later b/c I've also been told it is not needed.

The rest of this patch provides enhancements to OpenStruct that I feel are sorely needed, these include access via [] and []=, ability to mass update via merge!, minimal polymorphism with Hash and the addition of equality methods, eql? and ==.

https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/95

I'd also like opinions on further enhancements:

* adding #each and #each_pair
* making OpenStruct a subclass of BasicObject

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/