Target version changed from 2.0.0 to next minor

I changed target to next minor because no feedback there.

Feature #5866: ValidationError

Author: trans (Thomas Sawyer)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version: next minor

I've come across this from time to time, where some piece of complex data, often (but not always) loaded from a file, doesn't conform to some set of validation requirements. I've never been quite sure what type of error to throw if the data doesn't conform. It's not exactly an ArgumentError, it's more complex then that and not necessarily coming in via method arguments, nor is it exactly a TypeError since it's not necessarily anything to do with a specific class. So I find myself falling back to Runtime error and rolling my own, but thinking it would be nice if there were a general purpose `ValidationError` to raise or subclass in these cases.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/