Issue #6265 has been updated by rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas).

Right now I'm in the middle of some very tight deadlines in my job and won't have time to fix all usages of this kind of string concatenation but I'd be happy to do so next year, although I'm afraid I wouldn't be on time for Ruby 2.0 release :(
Feature #6265: Remove 'useless' 'concatenation' syntax

Author: rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas)
Assignee:
Category: core
Target version: 2.0.0

What is wrong with this code:

some_method 'argument1', 'argument2' 'argument3'

Yes, the missing colon, but it is not always easy to notice that...

What is this ('concatenation' 'syntax') useful for?

Why writing ('some ' 'concatenation') instead of 'some concatenation'?

A missing colon between string arguments can lead to some bugs that may be hard to find, specially if the arguments are optional.

And I can't see any useful case where this allowed syntax for concatenation would help.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/