On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 02:40:53PM +0900, SASADA Koichi wrote:
> I don't have any objection.
>
> I recommend that Thread#[] should be reference to
> Thread#thread_variable_get, and so on.

The documentation I added for Thread#thread_variable_get does reference
Thread#[], and each method makes it clear that it's for thread locals
(not fiber locals).

> ----
>
> Should we add the following new methods to clarify thread local and
> fiber local?
>
> Thread#fiber_variable_get <= alias of Thread#[]
> Thread#fiber_variable_set <= alias of Thread#[]=
> Thread#fiber_variable?
> Thread#fiber_variables

I think these aliases would make it clear that we're dealing with Fiber
locals.  I don't have a strong opinion though.

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/