Status changed from Assigned to Rejected

Hello trans and yhara,

2012/10/25 yhara (Yutaka HARA) <redmine / ruby-lang.org>:
> Yusuke, do you know if this proposal is accepted as 2.0.0 feature at the Ruby developer meeting?

Oops!  I forget to write the result.  Very sorry.

This feature request was rejected at the developers' meeting (7/21).

From a philosophical perspective, matz agreed that "identical?" was
more appropriate name.
But from a practical perspective, matz said we never delete "equal?",
and the name "identical?" has been already used, e.g., File#identical?.
So he rejected this proposal.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>
Feature #5922: Migrate equal? to identical?