Hello Marco,

2012/10/25, Marco Ceresa <ceresa / gmail.com>:
> Does that apply to the stdlib too?

Yes, in principle.

> What about the proposal to gemify the stdlib?

See my reply in #5481 and wait for NaHi.

> I've raised the following feature request quite some time ago
>
> https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/4569
>
> but nothing has been done so far, I haven't received any feedback, and
> now this 2.0 feature freeze announcement comes out of the blue (for me
> at least).

Sorry, but please do NOT assume that you can get a feedback
just by opening a feature request ticket.
All feature proposers are supposed to make an effort to get
related committers' interest and matz's approval.
You can exploit the opportunity such as [ruby-core:45474].
It is also a very good idea to appeal to matz face-to-face,
e.g., at some conferences.

(Note that this does not apply to bug report ticket.  The
committers must check and fix them.)

In short, you don't have to hesitate, or even you are
encouraged to open any feature request ticket, but it is
often insufficient.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>