Issue #4569 has been updated by ceresa / gmail.com (Marco Ceresa).

The library is very stable, it is used in production in many other projects (600k downloads on rubygems), and the compatibility layer with IPAddr has been proven to work well.

Version 1.0 (which addresses a few minor bugs) was planned to be released after receiving feedback from this feature request.

Feature #4569: Replace IPAddr with IPAddress

Author: ceresa / gmail.com (Marco Ceresa)
Assignee: knu (Akinori MUSHA)
Category: lib
Target version:

=begin
Hello,

following the discussion we had a few months ago about replacing IPAddr with IPAddress [1]. Here is the formal request.

IPAddress is now at version 0.7.5

I think it's mature and backward compatible enough to be taken into consideration.

Regards,
Marco

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-core-google/browse_frm/thread/232ac6b06bacd0f5/
=end