2012/10/24 Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>:

> Hi all --
>
> Today, I'd like to declare "feature freeze" according to the schedule [1].
> 2.0.0 will NOT include any feature that is not accepted yet by matz at
> this time.
>
> [1] http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/40301
>
> Sorry for no prior announce of this.  If you, especially committers, have
> any significant problem, please let me know by next Sunday.

Hello Yusuke

Does that apply to the stdlib too? Or is it just for the core? What
about the proposal to gemify the stdlib?

I've raised the following feature request quite some time ago

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/4569

but nothing has been done so far, I haven't received any feedback, and
now this 2.0 feature freeze announcement comes out of the blue (for me
at least).