Hello Luis

2012/10/24 Luis Lavena <luislavena / gmail.com>:
> 2012/10/24 Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>:
>> Japanese later; 日本語は後で
>>
>> Hi all --
>>

> Hello,
>
>> Today, I'd like to declare "feature freeze" according to the schedule [1].
>> 2.0.0 will NOT include any feature that is not accepted yet by matz at
>> this time.
>>
>> [1] http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/40301
>>
>> Sorry for no prior announce of this.  If you, especially committers, have
>> any significant problem, please let me know by next Sunday.
>>

> There are only two things I would like be considered:
>
> Feature #6769, Windows-specific issues with rbinstall.rb to make it
> more easy generation of stub scripts.
>
> Got initial approval of the request but my patch for it hasn't been
> completed yet. I'm working on it.

It's okay if you have already gotton approval.
Please implement it by the code freeze.

> Bug #7158, performance improvements to require, $LOADED_FEATURES and $LOAD_PATH.
>
> I heard sometimes that Ruby policies consider performance as a feature
> and not a bug,

Really?  I think a performance improvement can be accepted even after
feature freeze if it has no semantic change.
That said, in terms of stability, I hesitate to accept a big patch as
close as to the release.

I asked ko1 to judge #7158.  He will reply to that ticket within the
week.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>