Redmine is misbehaving.

Hiroshi...if it makes things simpler, please feel free to do a manual sync from a local svn repo to the tcs github repo so it's easy to rebase your current `win-file-trunk\ruby_1_9_3` on top of the latest ruby_1_9_3. Don't worry about the other tcs patch branches being misaligned. I'll clean them up this weekend.

I'm in meetings all day, but had planned to tweak one of these two svn -> git sync scripts to sync trunk and ruby_1_9_3 between local svn repos (Jenkins workspace) and a local tcs-ruby git repo and push to gh.

https://gist.github.com/3907291
https://bitbucket.org/jcreenaune/svn-git-mirror/src

> Issue #7174 has been updated by usa (Usaku NAKAMURA).
>
> Status changed from Open to Assigned
> Assignee set to h.shirosaki (Hiroshi Shirosaki)
>
> Shirosaki-san, can you make a patch for 1.9.3?
> The base of r36811 is too far from 1.9.3.
> Backport #7174: Advocating for backporting 36811
>
> Author: jonforums (Jon Forums)
> Assignee: h.shirosaki (Hiroshi Shirosaki)
> Category:
> Target version:
>

> Please consider backporting 36811 and refinements for the following reasons:
>
> 1) While it's debatable whether this patch fixes a Windows platform bug in the 1.9.x
> series or whether it's a performance refactoring, it is a fact that this patch
> fixes long-standing 1.9.x usability problems important to many Ruby on Windows users.
>
>   https://gist.github.com/3242245
>
> 2) For many months Hiroshi has maintained a 1.9.3 backport of this functionality,
> with the latest version available at https://github.com/thecodeshop/ruby/tree/win-file-trunk/ruby_1_9_3
> This functionality has been part of multiple tcs-ruby experimental releases over the
> last 6-9 months.
>
> 3) While the functionality has been tested on 1.9.3 via tcs-ruby by many interested
> devs over many months, tcs-ruby is not (and will never be) an alternative MRI distribution.
> tcs-ruby's sole purpose is to be collaboration repo and proving ground for those
> interested in contributing Windows and cross-platform improvements to MRI. tcs-ruby's
> goal is to refine the improvements and make them available for easy inclusion into MRI.
>
> 4) As a consequence of (3), Hiroshi's 1.9.3 backports have not had as much
> widespread testing as they would have if they were included in an official
> RubyInstaller release. This was a purposeful decision on our part. RubyInstaller
> releases are meant to track official ruby-core releases. They are meant to be stable,
> not experimental releases.
>
> As this fix is now on trunk, and will be available in the 2.0.0 release targeted
> for February, I strongly believe it's time to make the functionality available in the
> next 1.9.3 patch release (and RubyInstaller release) in order to get more widespread usage.
>
> By backporting this functionality to the next 1.9.3 patch release and getting more usage
> (and potentially, further refinements) we minimize risks and help enhance the smooth adoption of 2.0.0.
>

> --
> http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/

Jon

---
Fail fast. Fail often. Fail publicly. Learn. Adapt. Repeat.
http://thecodeshop.github.com | http://jonforums.github.com/
twitter: @jonforums