Issue #7177 has been reported by authorNari (Narihiro Nakamura).

Feature #7177: Proposal of a new C API
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/7177

Author: authorNari (Narihiro Nakamura)
Assignee: authorNari (Narihiro Nakamura)
Category: core
Target version: 2.0.0

Hi.

We uses rb_newobj() in CRuby when we allocates any object.
However, this function has no arguments, so we can not change a
internal allocate method depending klass and flags of any object.

So I propose to add following new C APIs.

* VALUE rb_newobj_of(VALUE klass, VALUE flags);
* #define NEWOBJ_OF(obj,type,klass,flags)

A patch is here.
https://github.com/authorNari/ruby/compare/trunk...rb_newobj2

rb_newobj_of() is named by Matz. I think it's a fitting name.
Please let me know if you have more good name.

Thanks.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/