Issue #7149 has been updated by boris_stitnicky (Boris Stitnicky).

Not out of the box, only if the user turns it on:

  class Fixnum
    constant_magic # or constant_magic( true ); or const_magic(); etc.
  end

But, oh, do I feel your point. Saying that naming 42 is stupid is not enough.
Giving objects - any objects, not just fringe cases like Numerics, Symbols,
Vectors etc. - wrong names is a sin, root of evil surrounding the true nature :)
They say the devil himself is perhaps skin alone. I revulse names, unless these
be good hash functions, like those of Tolkien's Ents. But alas, biologists
deserve not the name of their science: they indulge in dissecting and giving
names that obscure rather than identify. Should this be remedied at the language
level? Definitely. But there is no way we would see this done before the end of
the century, if at all.

So, sadly, I have to live in the world I find myself in, refrain from proposing
to prohibit constants altogether, and satisfy myself with proposals that seem to
even foster the evil of deficient synonyms. Going back to naming 42, please note
that the rope to hang oneself with is already there: This behavior is achievable
with present devices of Ruby. I am only begging to make the possible more efficient.
Searching whole namespace gives me goosebumps.
Feature #7149: Constant magic for everyone.