Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:47930] [ruby-trunk - Feature #7148][Open] Improved Tempfile w/o DelegateClass"
    on Fri, 12 Oct 2012 14:04:08 +0900, "Glass_saga (Masaki Matsushita)" <glass.saga / gmail.com> writes:

|I propose improved Tempfile without DelegateClass().
|Present Tempfile has following problems.
|
|1) confusing inspect
|2) #dup doesn't duplicate IO
|3) finalizer performs unlink even when it has been duplicated

I have no objection about (1), but what we expect when we call
Tempfile#dup might differ, for example, I'd expect it to copy the
underlying temporary file.  So making Tempfile a subclass of File
may not be the ideal solution.

							matz.