On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 01:04:10AM +0900, Jos Backus wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 03:55:13PM +0900, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > In message "Re: io_write()/fwrite() and EINTR on Solaris"
> >     on 02/09/09, nobu.nokada / softhome.net <nobu.nokada / softhome.net> writes:
> > |
> > |Once I made a patch for non-blocking IO, which contained
> > |retrying fwrite().  And now added ERESTART condition.
> > |
> > |Does this help you?
> >
> > If Jos reports it does help, please commit the patch.
> >
> > 							matz.
>
> Thank you gentlemen, I will test this patch and report back to you.

I am happy to report that with this patch my script no longer dies with the
Errno::EINTR exception being raised. The script has been running over a day
without exiting whereas without this patch it would invariably exit within 30
minutes-2 hours.

Thank you very much for fixing this so quickly.

Fwiw, this is the first Ruby script used in production at Microsoft (MSN TV,
to be precise) that I am aware of.

Kind regards,
--
Jos Backus                       _/  _/_/_/      Sunnyvale, CA