"alexdowad (Alex Dowad)" <alexinbeijing / gmail.com> wrote:
> Eric Wong <normalperson / yhbt.net> wrote:
> > I'm not familiar with Prawn, but does any of its dependencies pull in
> > extra C extension which may have memory corruption bugs?
>
> No. The core team has committed to *never* using binary gems, only
> pure Ruby.

That's good to hear.

> > Can you share your work-in-progress changes to Prawn?
>
> Do you really want to spend a few hours or days of your life helping
> to track down an obscure memory bug? If so, I'll push the code I am
> working on to GitHub.

Me specifically?  No, at least not yet :)

However, there's always a chance somebody can help you if given the
right information.

Since this doesn't seem to be caused by a buggy C extension, perhaps it
is a bug which can affect non-Prawn users, too.  In that case, more
people will be willing to help you track this problem down.