On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Aaron Patterson
<tenderlove / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 03:05:17AM +0900, kosaki (Motohiro KOSAKI) wrote:
>>
>> Issue #7097 has been updated by kosaki (Motohiro KOSAKI).
>>
>> Status changed from Open to Assigned
>> Assignee set to ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
>>
>> I guess it's a side effect to use Fiber in Enumerator internal.
>
> Yes, it is.  I don't know why Fibers impact thread locals, but I hope
> this test demonstrates how it can cause problems.

Thread local variable is pretty misleading name. In fact, ruby only have
a fiber local variable. i.e. Thread.current[:foo] is to write fiber
local variable.

Using 'Thread' class is a just historical reason, IMHO. (and I completely agree
it's pretty misleading)