Greetings

I'm currently an MSc student in Portugal, majoring in Parallel Computing.
However, i'm been a Ruby fan for quite some time now, and currently have
some Rails projects going on

At this point i'm about to start my master's thesis, but currently still no
theme is defined, although there is something (non-related to this) being
worked on

It was brought to my attention that ruby has some parallelism problems, for
example, the existance of the GIL for most current implementations.
However, it seems this is already being worked on (for Rubinius 2.0, i
believe)
This made me think, would there be any work to be done around this area,
somehow related to this problematic, or other parallelism issues, that
would be interesting for a master thesis?