Issue #7061 has been reported by harrison.uhl / gmail.com (Harrison Uhl).

Bug #7061: Privacy issue: Please change the registration page to indicate 'Login Name' will be visible to all as in a 'User Name'
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/7061

Author: harrison.uhl / gmail.com (Harrison Uhl)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: 1.9.3p194

I just registered to report my first bug.

I registered my 'Login Name' as my email.

The registration form did not indicate that this would actually be my 'User Name' and visible to all.

There appears to be no place in 'My Account' to change my 'Login Name'

Please add a disclosure to the Registration page about when and where the Login name will be displayed.

Please add to the My Account page a means to edit the Login Name.

Please remove the part of my 'Login Name' that comes after the '@'

Thanks

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/