Issue #7031 has been updated by david_macmahon (David MacMahon).

Removing undocumented methods that have "escaped into the wild" is reasonable, but since these well documented methods escaped into the wild before Ruby 1.9, it would have been nice (IMHO) to grandfather them into Ruby 1.9.  I guess it's a moot point now because I'll have to conditionally monkey patch even if they are added back.  It doesn't leave a pleasant taste to have documented methods disappear without so much as a mention (AFAICT) in the ChangeLog or NEWS files. :-(
Bug #7031:  Date::mjd_to_jd disappeared

Author: Anonymous
Assignee: tadf (tadayoshi funaba)
Category: lib
Target version:
ruby -v: -

 I've migrated almost all of my Ruby code from Ruby 1.8 to 1.9 (finally!).  Most things went pretty smoothly, but I recently came across a script of mine that uses Date::mjd_to_jd.  This method, along with several other Date methods, seems to have disappeared from Ruby as of r31668.  I didn't see any discussion of these methods in the commit logs nor could I find anything about them on the web or ruby mailing list archives.  Are there replacement methods for these that I should be using instead?  Was there a reason for removing these methods that I should be aware of before monkey patching them back in?  Am I missing something?

 Thanks,
 Dave

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/