Bug #7031:  Date::mjd_to_jd disappeared

Author: Anonymous
Assignee: tadf (tadayoshi funaba)
Category: lib
Target version:
ruby -v: -

 I've migrated almost all of my Ruby code from Ruby 1.8 to 1.9 (finally!).  Most things went pretty smoothly, but I recently came across a script of mine that uses Date::mjd_to_jd.  This method, along with several other Date methods, seems to have disappeared from Ruby as of r31668.  I didn't see any discussion of these methods in the commit logs nor could I find anything about them on the web or ruby mailing list archives.  Are there replacement methods for these that I should be using instead?  Was there a reason for removing these methods that I should be aware of before monkey patching them back in?  Am I missing something?

 Thanks,
 Dave

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/