Issue #6174 has been updated by kosaki (Motohiro KOSAKI).

> I cann't understand, why "main thread shouldn't take a mutex"? In real application it could be very other thread, not main.
> Holding mutex by main thread were intentionally to expose this race. Race could happen without it, but it would be hard to catch.

While the mutex is held by any thread, condvar.wait can't be return. It's one of basic condvar semantics. and sleep(0.01) don't release
mutex at all. Thus, sleep(0.01) of main thread can't help to wakeup and finish sub thread.

Bug #6174: Fix collision of ConditionVariable#wait timeout and #signal (+ other cosmetic changes)