Bug #7021: WEBrick::HTTPUtils.parse_header "normalizing" white space of cookie values.

Author: boris317 (shawn adams)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.3p194 (2012-04-20 revision 35410) [x86_64-darwin11.3.0]

parse_header calls value.gsub!(/\s+/, " ") on ALL header values. I am using a web framework that runs on WEBrick as an HTTP proxy. When the cookies pass through the proxy the whitespace is normalized which is actually breaking the outgoing service call.  There is a length "flag" in the cookie and stripping any whitespace from it breaks that.  Is it intended behavior to normalize whitespace in request cookie values?

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/