Bug #6997: Improve documentation for OptionParser

Author: eike.rb (Eike Dierks)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.3p194 (2012-04-20 revision 35410) [x86_64-darwin10]

The documentation for OptionParser should be improved.

The current examples and and documentation do not yet describe
how to access non option args

I suggest to change the simple example in the doc as follows:

   opts.banner = "Usage: example.rb [options] file ..."

   p "files:" + ARGV

It should be stated explicitely in the description,
that parse! modifies the ARGV and removes all parseable args.

At least that is how I believe that the OptionParser.parse! works?
not yet tried it myself

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/