Feature #6946: FIPS support?

Author: vo.x (Vit Ondruch)
Assignee: MartinBosslet (Martin Bosslet)
Category: ext
Target version: 2.0.0

=begin
Hi, running the test suite on FIPS enabled system using

 $ find test/ -type f -name test_*.rb -exec make test-all TESTS="-v '{}'" \;

command with patch from #6938 applied, it gives me a plenty of errors (see attached output.txt file). There are two kind of errors as far as I understand, some are more or less test suite errors (e.g. #6938), which should be easy to fix, while some others (e.g. #6943) would need bigger changes.

Is there any chance that Ruby will provide better support for FIPS and there errors get fixed?
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/