Hello All,

I was looking at the latest "shootout" and I was curious about
what currently accounts for the difference in performance between
Javascript and Ruby that appears in the benchmarks. I suspect partly this
may be due to language design issues since certain aspects of
Javascript "maybe" somewhat more static (since function definitions cannot
be "undeffed" and class code is thus absolutely static). I admit this fails
to explain why python3 is relatively slower than Ruby 1.9.3(though the
difference is small). It does seem the JRuby is faster than Ruby 1.9.3 atm.

Regards,

Carter.