On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 3:15 PM, marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune)
<ruby-core / marc-andre.ca> wrote:
>>  It would be interesting to see code that found returning [] to be
>>  useful. As in, code that expected to operate on the transposed result.
>
> I can imagine code that wants to iterate on all elements, but going through columns first. E.g:

[...]
>     # Using transpose (or zip) is nicer:
>     [exams, grades].transpose.each do |exam, grade|
>       # do the same with exam and grade
>     end

So there are at least some situations when [] would be a useful
result. And while there are situations where no result would be
useful, it doesn't much matter in those situations whether you get an
exception or a result that isn't useful.

I'm convinced. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.