Posting my reply again, since it seems it did not go to the list:
Eregon (Benoit Daloze) wrote:
> Should this be backported to 1.9.3?
>
> It adds a new functionality and it's hardly a bug, but one could expect it given Find.find behavior.
Backport #6798: Pathname#find does not return an enumerator

Author: mistydemeo (Misty De Meo)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

Pathname#find is an interface to Find.find. However, while Find.find returns an enumerator, Pathname#find does not. This means that, for instance, it is not possible to use Pathname#find with other enumerator methods:

files = Find.find('.').select { ... } - works
files = pn.find.select { ... } - does not work

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/