Issue #6847 has been updated by citizen428 (Michael Kohl).

claytrump (Clay Trump) wrote:
> Isn't that like the method slice in ActiveSupport?

It's definitely like extract! in ActiveSupport, just non-destructive. I still think this is useful enough to be in core though. I needed it repeatedly, I know other people who regularly monkey-patch it into Hash and not everyone wants to drag ActiveSupport into their non-Rails projects. I don't insist on it of course, but it wouldn't be the first thing to make it from an extensions library into core, think of Symbol#to_proc for example.
Feature #6847: Hash#extract