On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM, luislavena (Luis Lavena)
<luislavena / gmail.com> wrote:

> Issue #6836 has been updated by luislavena (Luis Lavena).
>

> h.shirosaki (Hiroshi Shirosaki) wrote:
>> usa (Usaku NAKAMURA) wrote:
>> >  If the performance problem is in 'require' and 'load', change only them
>> >  and be stayed File.expand_path the same behavior.
>> >  Can't do so?
>> >

>> I think that might be possible, though changing that properly seems not easy.
>> I created an experimental patch for that. This patch passed webrick test and became faster.
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/3293339
>>

> Hiroshi, how that compares with the original patch?

Above patch is small and easy to review.
We can change the original patch to follow the above approach. We have
code for short name expansion.
I understand the original win32/file.c patch has another merit. We can
write windows specific code without too many #ifdef macro which are
hard to read.

--
Hiroshi Shirosaki