On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Rocky Bernstein <rockyb / rubyforge.org> wrote:
> If one is considering importing archive files like zip, tar, jar, or gem, I
> suggest that some thought also be given on how to report this extended
> location beyond "file and line" to include the location of the archive. For
> example inside a Ruby backtrace.

Again it would probably be nice to follow already-working JRuby/JVM way:

system ~/projects/jruby $ cat blah.rb
def foo
  raise
end

foo

system ~/projects/jruby $ jruby blah.rb
RuntimeError: No current exception
     foo at blah.rb:2
  (root) at blah.rb:5

system ~/projects/jruby $ jar cf my_blah.jar blah.rb

system ~/projects/jruby $ rm blah.rb

system ~/projects/jruby $ jruby -e "require 'my_blah.jar'; load 'blah.rb'"
RuntimeError: No current exception
     foo at file:/Users/headius/projects/jruby/my_blah.jar!/blah.rb:2
  (root) at file:/Users/headius/projects/jruby/my_blah.jar!/blah.rb:5
    load at org/jruby/RubyKernel.java:1050
  (root) at -e:1

- Charlie