Hello,

In message "[ruby-core:47045] [ruby-trunk - Bug #6836] Improve File.expand_path performance in Windows"
    on Aug.07,2012 14:46:15, <h.shirosaki / gmail.com> wrote:
> Expanding short name to long name is expensive and using it frequently causes big performance difference between Windows and Unix. I think this change in 'require' and 'load' will be useful for most Windows users since not a few Windows users complain about slowness.

The Primary Principle: Security is not exchangeable for performance.

the secondary principle: but if the software is not usable by low
performance, security looses its meaning.

If the performance problem is in 'require' and 'load', change only them
and be stayed File.expand_path the same behavior.
Can't do so?

Regards,
--
U.Nakamura <usa / garbagecollect.jp>