Issue #5478 has been updated by alexeymuranov (Alexey Muranov).

=begin
I think that unifying (({Hash})) with (({Set})) could also allow to use the ((*splat*)) star operator more intelligently. For example, currently the following does not work:

 h = { 1 => 2, 3 => 4}
 k = { 0 => 0, *h } # => SyntaxError: unexpected tSTAR, expecting '}'

(i would like to see here k = { 0 => 0, 1 => 2, 3 => 4 } ).

Such behavior could be nice for merging several hashes:

 def f(h); ...; end

 h1 = { :a => 1 }; h2 = { :b => 2 }

 f *h1, *h2, :name => 'foo'

Instead of:

 h = h1.merge(h2)
 h[:name] = 'foo'
 f(h)
=end

Feature #5478: import Set into core, add syntax