Category set to misc
Status changed from Open to Assigned
Target version set to 2.0.0

Feature #6823:  Where/how should ruby-mode issues be reported?

Author: now (Nikolai Weibull)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: misc
Target version: 2.0.0

 Hi!

 I???ve previously reported a couple of issues with ruby-mode, namely

 http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5356

 and

 http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5357

 They???ve seen no progress.

 Just to be clear, am I reporting these issues to the correct bug tracker?

 There are quite a few ruby-mode bugs that are going stale:

 http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5140
 http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5382
 http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5453
 http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5670 (dup of 5382, but is more
 explicit, so should replace 5382)
 http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6090

 And some new ones:

 http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6742

 A comment from Shyouhei on

 http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5453

 states that one should report this to the Emacs developers.  Is this
 correct?  If so, all these issues should be reported there and closed.
  Also, ruby-mode.el should then be removed from the Ruby repository to
 avoid any confusion (well, it should really be removed either way).

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/