--yEPQxsgoJgBvi8ip

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 11:36:49AM +0900, SASADA Koichi wrote:
> Sorry for late response.
>=20
> (2012/07/03 13:26), vo.x (Vit Ondruch) wrote:
> > ko1 (Koichi Sasada) wrote:
> >>  (but I can't understand sed script ^^;  I prefer ruby script :)
> >=20
> > As I said, there are several conditions which should be fulfilled. If y=
ou don't want to
> >=20
> > 1) store the generated files in SCM
> > 2) generate the scripts during preparation of tarball by release manager
> > 3) want to have Ruby available during build from tarball
> >=20
> > than you don't have other option than to use something (in this case se=
d) what is probably available on your system during the build time. So alth=
ough I would prefer Ruby, it does not fulfill the 3 conditions above.
>=20
> I don't check what dtrace needs correctly, but is not enough?:
>=20
> (1) build miniruby with dummy header (manged in SCM)
> (2) generate dtrace related files with miniruby
> (3) build ruby with (2)

We could do this, but it means that every time we change probes.d, we
would have to generate a new dummy header file and check it in.  I think
the purpose of the sed script is to eliminate the "generate new dummy
header file and check it in" step.

--=20
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/