(2012/07/29 12:02), SASADA Koichi wrote:

>> > ruby:::line(filename, lineno);
> Your patch depends on the `trace' instruction.  I plan to remove `trace'
> instruction on default (if I can implement it).  It will conflicts with
> your proposed patch.
> Or I shouldn't make such optimizations?

One approach is add dtrace mode on command line.
If the option is enabled, the process will be *all* dtrace probe ready.
But a bit slow (~10%).
Without this option, the process will be not all dtrace probe ready.
This option can be enabled in running with implementation effort.

I think this approach is against dtrace philosophy.
Is it acceptable?

--
// SASADA Koichi at atdot dot net