--nextPart1284481.U6mQ90XZpX

On Thursday 31 March 2005 09:44, speakillof wrote:
> I would like to know why the [ruby-core:1960]'s patch is not adopted.
> Does anyone know?

I think it was because the patch's solution breaks in cases where two
different encoded files are loaded one after the other, but that's just a
superficial guess and could be wrong.  I looked at this when the patch was
first proposed, and had a reason for only accepting the part of the patch
that fixed the encoding's name... although I don't the reason at the moment.

I'm going to have to revisit it in more depth before I can give you a
definitive answer.

--
--- SER

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents,
more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.  On some
great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach
their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned
by a downright moron."        -  H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)