Issue #6742 has been updated by j2petkov (Jean-Christophe Petkovich).

File inf-ruby.patch added

Somehow I managed to avoid including the patch file. Let's try that again.

Bug #6742: Emacs compilation-shell-minor-mode misconfiguration

Author: j2petkov (Jean-Christophe Petkovich)
Assignee:
Category: misc
Target version:
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.3p194 (2012-04-20 revision 35410) [x86_64-linux]

In the definition of inferior-ruby-mode, compilation-shell-minor-mode is enabled before it's variables are set. The way compilation shell is written, this will cause very strange highlighting in the inferior buffer, and inconsistent and useless behaviour of next-error. A simple fix is to put the enable after the setting of those variables. After that, next-error should take you to the file/linenumber of errors listed in the inferior buffer!

Patch which fixes the issue on my box is included.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/