Status changed from Open to Assigned

Bug #6610: Fix Benchmark.benchmark output with an empty caption

Author: Eregon (Benoit Daloze)
Assignee: naruse (Yui NARUSE)
Category: lib
Target version: 2.0.0
ruby -v: ruby 2.0.0dev (2012-05-25 trunk 35779) [x86_64-darwin10.8.0]

Hello,

I noticed Benchmark.benchmark output with an empty caption has an extra space.
This is due to my change in r32269, so I am sorry, this is my fault.
I guess Benchmark.benchmark is not much used directly
and without caption though (and nobody reported this issue).

It also includes a fix to avoid defining constants at the top-level
(this was due to class_eval with a block) and a few other small fixes.

You can see the commits on my benchmark branch: https://github.com/eregon/ruby/compare/e3761441...benchmark
(Or https://github.com/eregon/ruby/compare/trunk...benchmark, after the last Merge commit)

Please let me know what I can do to help committing these changes.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/