Issue #6688 has been updated by alexeymuranov (Alexey Muranov).

=begin
I like that in Ruby (({1})) is a unique object, i will not appreciate a feature (({1.become(2)})).

However i was wondering myslef about an ability to replace not ((*objects*)), but contents of ((*variables*)) (so it would be a syntactic change), and an ability to pass variables by reference. Ilya, maybe this is what you want?

Something like:

 n = 1
 n <- &:to_s   # invented syntax, weird alternative to n = n.to_s

 replace_1_with_2 = proc do |(v)|  # invented syntax, denotes a variable passed by reference
   v = 2 if v = 1
 end

 v = 1
 replace_1_with_2.call(v)
 v   # => 2

 def replace_2_with_3(|u|)   # invented syntax :)
   u = 3 if u = 2
 end

 replace_2_with_3(v)
 v  # => 3