On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Perry Smith <pedzsan / gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2012, at 9:27 PM, Perry Smith wrote:

>>> I tried incorporating r36338 and I didn't get very far.  I may have mis=
typed something.
>>> I have not had time to double check it.
>>
>> For now, I'm avoiding the problem with dot.dot by just editing the Makef=
ile and fixing the entry point name.

>> I bumped into a new issue -- a simple one.  AIX uses LIBPATH (not SHLIB_=
PATH).  In configure, I believe this needs to be changed:

>>  aix*) :
>>       : ${LDSHARED=3D'$(CC)'}
>>                       LDSHARED=3D"$LDSHARED ${linker_flag}-G"
>>                       DLDFLAGS=3D'-eInit_$(TARGET)'
>>                       XLDFLAGS=3D"${linker_flag}"'-bE:$(ARCHFILE)'" ${li=
nker_flag}-brtl"
>>                       XLDFLAGS=3D"$XLDFLAGS ${linker_flag}-blibpath:${pr=
efix}/lib:${LIBPATH:-/usr/lib:/lib}"
>>                       : ${ARCHFILE=3D"ruby.imp"}
>>                        TRY_LINK=3D'$(CC) $(LDFLAGS) -oconftest $(INCFLAG=
S) -I$(hdrdir) $(CPPFLAGS)'
>>                        TRY_LINK=3D"$TRY_LINK"' $(CFLAGS) $(src) $(LIBPAT=
H) $(LOCAL_LIBS) $(LIBS)'
>>                       RPATHFLAG=3D" ${linker_flag}-blibpath:%1\$-s:${pre=
fix}/lib:${LIBPATH:-/usr/lib:/lib}"

>> I now pass all but one test -- #921.
>>
>> I'd like to try and debug this mostly just to educate myself and also ma=
ke sure my gdb and other tools are working.  I'm building servers for Ruby =
on Rails and with my current set of servers, I can't debug low level proble=
ms like core dumps, etc.  I can't (couldn't) get gdb and other stuff to wor=
k.  But right now, I've upgraded everything and so I'd like to try and figu=
re out those issues as well.

>> The first step would be to learn how to run just this testcase.  How is =
that done?

> Should I open a bug on changing SHLIB_PATH to LIBPATH?

Yes, please. We are sorry, unfortunately, a lot of maintainer is very busy =
and
e-mail is enough to track an issue.

> Can someone point me to how to run single testcases?

make test-all TESTS=3D"-n PATTERN"

make test-all TESTS=3D"--help" is your frind. :)