Feature #6265: Remove 'useless' 'concatenation' syntax

Author: rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas)
Assignee: mame (Yusuke Endoh)
Category: core
Target version: 2.0.0

What is wrong with this code:

some_method 'argument1', 'argument2' 'argument3'

Yes, the missing colon, but it is not always easy to notice that...

What is this ('concatenation' 'syntax') useful for?

Why writing ('some ' 'concatenation') instead of 'some concatenation'?

A missing colon between string arguments can lead to some bugs that may be hard to find, specially if the arguments are optional.

And I can't see any useful case where this allowed syntax for concatenation would help.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/