Bug #4487: require_relative fails in an eval'ed file

Author: rogerdpack (Roger Pack)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: -

=begin
Hello all.

 $cat eval_me1.rb
 eval(File.read('eval_me2.rb'), binding, File.expand_path('./eval_me2.rb'))
 $cat eval_me2.rb
 require_relative 'eval_me1.rb'
 $ ruby eval_me1.rb
 C:/dev/ruby/faster_require/spec/eval_me2.rb:1:in `require_relative': cannot infer basepath (LoadError)
        from C:/dev/ruby/faster_require/spec/eval_me2.rb:1:in `<main>'
        from eval_me1.rb:1:in `eval'
        from eval_me1.rb:1:in `<main>'

I suppose was assuming that if eval included a filename, then require_relative would work from within it. Perhaps I am mistaken?
Thanks!
-r
=end

--