ko1 (Koichi Sasada) wrote:
> (2012/07/04 22:42), naruse (Yui NARUSE) wrote:
>  > If ALLOW_DEFAULT_SOURCE_ENCODING macro is enabled, you can use --source-encoding option.
>
>  Do you mean that I should use modified ruby package instead of using
>  prepared package such as distributor's build or Windows installer's build?

Or get permission from matz to add the new option.
Feature #5206: ruby -K should warn

Author: drbrain (Eric Hodel)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version:

When ruby is run with -K it changes the default encoding of all files even when that may be incompatible with the source.  If many libraries are used -K may cause incorrect behavior.

Now that we have the "coding:" magic comment ruby should warn if the -K flag is used and suggest that "coding:" magic comment be used instead.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/