On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 12:35 AM, vo.x (Vit Ondruch)
<v.ondruch / tiscali.cz> wrote:

> Issue #6590 has been updated by vo.x (Vit Ondruch).
>

> kosaki (Motohiro KOSAKI) wrote:
>>  Actually, this is not bigdecimal issue. It is gem discovery issue. MRI
>>  support two extension types,
>>  C and Ruby. JRuby also support two extension types, Java and Ruby. gem
>>  loader should realized
>>  the fact and prefer to look up Java implementation when used from
>>  JRuby. I think.
>
> Actually that is exactly what RubyGems do and what Aaron is proposing. Ta=
ke nokogiri [1] for example. If you are using MRI, then the nokogiri gem is=
 taken. If it happens you are windows user, then RubyGems downloads nokogir=
i-x86-mingw32 and if you are JRuby user, then the nokogiri-java version is =
prefered. They are all just nokogiris, so RubyGems takes the gems from one =
location. So the MRI gem will be uploaded by mkrn and the JRuby version by =
headius. It should be just somehow synchronized when new gem version is rel=
eased.

I disagree. JRuby bigdecimal is not equal with mrkn bigdecimal. It is
a forked gem. They were
maintained different maintainer and different repository.  We can't
synchronized them anytime. So, No. Please drop f*cking insane idea. It
doesn work at all.