Issue #6650 has been updated by luislavena (Luis Lavena).

h.shirosaki (Hiroshi Shirosaki) wrote:
> I had same failure on Win7 with chcp 932(default), 1252 and 65001. I guess it depends on Windows system default encoding.
> If I change the string from UTF-8 to UTF-16LE, the test works fine for me.
> UTF-16LE or ASCII String might be better. I attached the patch.

Hiroshi, I don't fully follow the rationale in the patch.

You're encoding the string first as UTF-16LE and then force encoding as UTF-16 when sending it to FSO.

AFAIK FSO Only understands ANSI and UTF-16LE.

Also, by doing force_encoding, you're changing test_str to the new encoding and not preserving the original.

I couldn't find WIN32OLE in the list of maintainers, but will be great to hear his comments.
Bug #6650: Fixing win32ole test errors