Feature #3731: Easier Embedding API for Ruby

Author: Beoran (Beoran Aegul)
Assignee: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
Category: core
Target version: 2.0.0

=begin
 With Ruby 1.9, it has become more difficult to embed Ruby in a C application correctly.
 It would be nice if there was a clearly documented and simple C API to embed ruby in C programs.
 I know Ruby was not designed from the start to be embedded, but Ruby was used before in several
 products as an embedded scripting langauge. It should therefore be possible to do so in a
 more straightforward way.

 Kind Regards,

 B.
=end