Issue #4189 has been updated by reset (Jamie Winsor).

This ticket hasn't seen action in a year, but I wanted to chime in and +1 the feature.

Having a convenience function to recursively create hard links based on a source directory is a rare need, but a need, nonetheless. I think FileUtils is a fine place for it when compared to the other choices of where to place it in Ruby core.
Feature #4189: FileUtils#ln_r

Author: trans (Thomas Sawyer)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: lib
Target version:

=begin
 I wrote a method for FileUtils to do recursive hard linking. It works just like cp_r but links instead of copies.

 The code can be found along with the pull request I made to ruby/ruby on Github:

   http://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/4#issuecomment-631067

 It's a pretty handy method for "staging" read-only files. For example I've used it to stage test fixture files in a tmp testing location and I've used it collect together a set of files for packaging into a tarball.
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/