Issue #6624 has been updated by rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas).

Porting the new Hash syntax to 1.8 would also be awesome ;)
Bug #6624: require_relative in 1.8

Author: shevegen (markus heiler)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: 1.8.7 (latest patch)

Hi!

I know there is little chance that this will be included, as this month is now last
chance for any change in 1.8.x, as 1.8.x is dead, but still I suggest it. :)

Some things like lambda -> operator won't have an alternative for 1.8, so it
is not even possible to make all changes for 1.8.x anyway in backward compatible
way.

But one thing that could perhaps have a 1.8.x version is require_relative, and
it is used a lot in 1.9.x

Folks could i.e. avoid the -> lambda, but still make use of require_relative,
and their gems would work on 1.8.x too.

The absolute filepath could be found out perhaps via

Pathname(__FILE__).dirname.realpath

Hmm ok I know this has no chance to make it, no problem :)

I am on 1.9.3 finally myself!

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/